dressed up for the letdown

stereoarcade's Profile Page

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

mix01: "Is Your Car Going To Be Okay?"

I fell in love with this new Antony & the Johnsons song, "Shake That Devil." It really pushes the entire Nina Simone comparison to new heights. It's everything Nina would've done, yknow, if she were a six-foot husky white man.

I tried to keep it pretty upbeat but I'm a sap, what can I say. All my mixes eventually veer into sad music territory. Thankfully, it's reserved for the last two or three tracks. Also, I like short mixes.

1. Antony and the Johnsons - Shake That Devil
2. The Ditty Bops - Walk Or Ride
3 Elvis Costello - (I Don't Want To Go To) Chelsea
4. Radiohead - Bangers & Mash
5. Blonde Redhead - Spring And Summer By Fall
6. Mountain Goats - Autoclave
7. Jon Brion - Barry States His Case
8. Richard Swift - Sad Song St.
9. Feist - Honey Honey
10. Bright Eyes - Smoke Without Fire

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Bright Eyes most def sad. He usually sounds like he is on the verge of tears, but I like that about him. have you heard Make a plan to love me its on Cassadaga and its fantastic, always makes me wanna cry . I guess I'm also a sap.