dressed up for the letdown

stereoarcade's Profile Page

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Open Up Yr Heart!

So peep this shit. YOUR MIXES ARE DONE. That's right. With the exception of Josh, but that's only because I have to go back and make it the most bizarre, disturbed mix ever. I'm making cover art for them tonight, uploading them tonight, so they should all be up tomorrow (Wed). Since I have no job, expect tons more videos, a few more mixes, and a branching out of sorts to include my fetish for film trailers.

Now onto the good stuff:

GENEVA JACUZZI - LOVE CABOOSE


I have no idea who Geneva Jacuzzi is, but by goddamn this video is the most genius thing I've seen in a long time. It seems to me there's been this sort of resurgence of eighties sensibilities, not only in music but in clothes and music videos as well. The best example is Snoop Dogg's 'Sexual Seduction.' I didn't really like this song too much to start, but it grew on me. Behold, greatness.


VIVIAN GIRLS - WILD EYES


I love the Vivian Girls too much to say. I'm not good at describing things, but I guess this is something akin to garage rock. Moreso than any of the bands that came out of the shameful 'THE" period of band naming. Simplicity is great and they are champions of the simplistic. Also, vocal harmonies, girls with red hair, tattoos, chubby drummers -- it's like my soulmate split into three parts.


ANIMAL COLLECTIVE - BROTHER SPORT


Do I really have to say anything about this? Animal Collective + new songs = Gorgeous. Panda Bear stated Merriweather Post Pavillion is the best recorded album of their career. This coming from the man who championed elitist assholes Pitchfork to capture their #1 album of 2007 -- it HAS to be good. I think MPP will be the culmination of everything they've been trying to do, not just a progression of the last album.

No comments: